1. Buy raw almonds from Costco (or any other wholesale club, e.g. Sam's Club or BJ's).
2. Place the almonds in a baking dish.
3. Wash the almonds with water, leave a little of the water in.
4. Sprinkle the almonds with a little salt and mix with a spoon.
5. Bake the almonds at 350 F for about 15 minutes. Check periodically and mix the almonds with the spoon every 5 minutes to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the dish and getting burned.
6. Once the almonds change the color to darker brown and look "dry", they are probably ready.
7. Remove the almonds from the oven and listen for the characteristic "cracking" sound. The roasting process continues inside the almond nuts after removing them from the oven. Taste one or two to check if they are well done. You can always return them to the oven if not to your liking.
How to Roast Almonds. eHow.
The Foodie Physician: How to Make Your Own Holiday Spiced Nuts http://goo.gl/dg7hU
How to Roast Almonds. Sm18sm18.
Water-intensive crop: California's Thirsty Almonds http://buff.ly/1g0aHZt