Tips from the Whole Foods blog:
- Season fish fillets with marinade or a spice rub and broil or bake at 450°F for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with a squeeze of lemon alongside a salad and whole grains.
- Grill seafood steaks or fillets. If over ½” thick, turn the fish halfway through cooking, using the 10-minutes-per-inch rule. Pair grilled seafood with the bright flavor of salsa
- Shrimp and large cubes of firm fish are perfect for kabobs. Place on skewers with quick-cooking fruits or veggies. Serve over wild rice.
- Small or thin fillets are well suited to pan sautéing. Heat a bit of marinade or oil in a heavy skillet and add the fish. Remove when it flakes easily and add some chopped greens or spinach to the pan along with a splash of vinegar or white wine for a quick side to serve with the fish.
- Simmer fillets or steaks in a bit of broth or seasoned liquid (try a blend of orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic) and cook while covered.
- Shrimp, scallops and diced fish fillets contribute depth of flavor to broths and soups. Add seafood toward the end of cooking.
Simple Ways to Enjoy Seafood