This portable greenhouse is available from Home Depot for $89 and has excellent reviews (it costs $200 from the manufacturer's website, ShelterLogic 6 ft. x 5 ft. Polyethylene Organic Growers Greenhouse). The store showroom unit had concrete blocks at the base ($1.49 each) to prevent from being blown away with strong winds. A indoor-approved heater may be needed during the winter (mostly at night).
The greenhouse features a mesh fabric cover, steel frame, fasteners and 4 earth anchors. Adjustable vents on all sides permit ventilation. There are a zippered screens and side panels with screens to keep bugs out.
The polyethylene fabric cover is designed to disperse sunlight for optimal plant growth.
Features of the greenhouse:
- 238 cu. ft. storage capacity
- 1-piece cover slips over frame
- 3/8 in. steel frame
- Adjustable vents deliver ventilation on all sides
- Half-moon zippered screens and rollup side panels with full-length screens keep bugs out
- Blocks harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Treated inside and outside with fade blockers, anti-aging, anti-yellowing and anti-microbial agents
- Includes 5 ft. x 6 ft. x 6 ft. 6 in. frame, 1-piece fitted cover, bungee fasteners and four 15 in. ShelterAuger earth anchors
- Complete hardware kit and step-by-step instructions (a PDF manual is available from the manufacturer website)
MFG Brand Name : ShelterLogic, MFG Model # : 70635, MFG Part # : 70635
A slightly bigger, and much more expensive, version is also available from Home Depot and Amazon: GrowIt Organic Growers 6 ft. x 8 ft. x 6 ft. 6 in. Peak-Style Greenhouse-70615.0 at The Home Depot - http://goo.gl/mDwMT
6 ft. x 5 ft. Polyethylene Organic Growers Greenhouse-70635 at The Home Depot
GrowIt Organic Growers 6 ft. x 8 ft. x 6 ft. 6 in. Peak-Style Greenhouse-70615.0 at The Home Depot - http://goo.gl/mDwMT
ShelterLogic Grow-It Greenhouses (manuals can be downloaded from the website) http://goo.gl/2V0Iz