Champion boxer Klitschko says he has 2 distinct personalities in and out of the ring - TIME

Klitschko is the only champion boxer who has a Ph.D. and speaks 4 languages.

TIME: How different are you in the ring from how you are now? Do you have to work at getting more aggressive?

Klitschko: I would compare it to an actor. I drive myself into the character that later on is in the ring through five, six weeks of the training camp. But aggression means emotions. Emotions mean you get off your plan, and that means you're going to lose the fight. You have to just execute your game plan. Everything else, all emotions, you have to put aside.



TIME: Can I make a suggestion for your postboxing career? Movie villain. Try saying "Goodbye, Mr. Bond."

Klitschko: I prefer "I'll be back."

References:

10 Questions for Wladimir Klitschko. TIME, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin