1. Buy yogurt with live culture.
2. Boil 1% organic milk. Wait approximately 1 hour to cool off. You can test with your little finger. If your tolerate the heat, it it is just the right temperature.
2. Pour one cup from the boiled milk in a large bowl and add one cup of yogurt. Mix them well.
3. Add the mixture above to the larger bowl where the rest of the milk was boiled. Mix it well.
4. Pour the mixture of milk and yogurt in the 7 jars that come with the yogurt maker (see below). Do not put the lids on the jars.
5. Set the timer to 9 hours. Place the cover. Turn on the yogurt maker.
6. The yogurt will be ready in 9 hours. Take the jars out of the yogurt maker. Place the lids on. Place the jars in a refrigerator for 2 hours. Yogurt will be ready to eat.
I have had excellent results using the automatic yogurt maker YM100, manufactured by Euro Cuisine ($39 at Amazon). Here are the PDF instructions how to use it: http://eurocuisine.net/EYM100.pdf
Euro Cuisine Automatic Yogurt Maker, White.
Making Yogurt - David B. Fankhauser, Ph.D. http://buff.ly/Yb45lD
Making Yogurt at Home - YouTube http://bit.ly/19m3a2b